These courses are designed to provide students the necessary intellectual tools and techniques required to conduct multidisciplinary work in organismal biology. Laboratory and field courses will provide you with experience in and methodologies for the study of both living and extinct organisms.
- The Integrative Biology (IB) major can be declared after your first successful semester at UCB, and before 85 units are earned.
- Students are strongly recommended to pick other non-IB courses to balance their study load.
- A minimum 2.0 GPA in lower and upper division courses is required.
- Students may use a course to fulfill both a lab requirement and a requirement group.
- A statistics course is recommended for those planning on graduate study.
- Students may use up to two pre-approved courses from outside the IB major for elective credit in the major.
(See the course list for a listing of these pre-approved electives.)
To plan your IB major, you will need to visit the Forms page and print out the appropriate checksheet. Below are some sample plans to help guide you in the planning processl If you have any questions, please stop by the USSO or email the Transfer Student Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transfer Student Sample Academic Plans
Transfers should also:
- Participate in Golden Bear Advising, Golden Bear Prep, and Golden Bear Orientation during the summer before enrolling at Cal.
- Communicate with the Undergraduate Student Services Office before the start of their first semester or soon after for advising and planning.
- REQUIRED: Complete a successful semester at Berkeley prior to declaration.