Transcripts & Degrees
IB COMMENCEMENT CEREMONY
The annual IB Undergraduate Commencement Ceremony will be help on Saturday, May 20th, 2017, 2-4p in Zellarbach Auditorium. Students can purchase tickets through Cal Performances beginning in mid March.
General timeline for sign-up and tickets:
- Mid March: Undergraduate students - A registration email will be sent to all eligible students and will include an invitation to complete the Undergraduate Exit Survey to earn 2 complimentary tickets.
- Graduate students - Participating graduate students will be invited to sign up for the ceremony and will earn 2 complimentary tickets. Please contact Korshid Tarin (email@example.com) for more information.
- Mid March: Additional tickets available for purchase for $8/each through Cal Performances. Graduating seniors no not need a ticket to the ceremony.
- Mid April: Deadline to sign up and be listed in the program. This will also be the final day that students will be able to earn 2 free tickets by filling out the survey.
- Late April: Online ticket sales will end.
- Early May: Name cards, complimentary tickets, and additional information will be distributed out of the Undergraduate Affairs Office.
- Mid May: Ticket distribution will end.
- May 20: Tickets will be on sale at the gate for $10/each.
Complimentary tickets: Each graduating senior will be eligible to receive 2 complimentary tickets, after they sign up for commencement and complete an online survey. These will be distributed out of the Undergraduate Student Affairs Office in early May. We will email seniors the details closer to the date.
Graduating students do not need a ticket; your ticket is your name card and cap & gown! Please bring the name card that will be inside the envelope we give you with your tickets!! If you wish to receive proofs of the professional photos taken, fill in the info on the back with your contact information. Anyone who misses the opportunity for the two free tickets, you can still pick up the envelope with your name card and information about the ceremony.
Tickets for sale: Additional tickets are available for sale through Cal Performances.
The reception location will be announced at a later date.
There will be four professional photographers at the ceremony taking (tons of) pictures. Guests will not be allowed to block aisles, nor inhibit the view of any other guest, during the ceremony.
Honors cords will be available through the student store store, and sales will be restricted to students who are completing IB departmental honors.
REGALIA, ANNOUNCEMENTS & CLASS RINGS
The Cal Student Store is your one-stop shop for all your commencement supplies and memorabilia.
Diplomas will be sent to all graduating seniors for no charge. If you have not already done so, please log onto Bearfacts to designate a specific address for your diploma.
VISITOR INFORMATION AND PARKING
Visitors from out of the Bay Area may wish to contact UC Berkeley Visitors Services at 642-5215. Information on local accommodations can be found at the Berkeley Visitors Bureau. Information on the campus's can be found at Disability Access Services and/or Cal Performances.
COMMENCEMENT CONVOCATION vs. IB COMMENCEMENT:
The Commencement Convocation 2017 and the IB Undergraduate Commencement Ceremony are two different events. The Convocation celebrates all majors who are graduating at UCB and the IB Undergraduate Commencement Ceremony is restricted to IB majors only. Students interested in participating in the Commencement Convocation should visit commencement.berkeley.edu. The following information pertains only to our departmental ceremony.