Training our students to be college or university professors with a high regard for excellence in teaching as well as research is a primary goal of Integrative Biology's program. Most students teach more than two semesters since it is the most available means of support offered by the department.
Teaching appointments are 50% five month appointments assigned each semester. Occasionally a 25% appointment is offered or can be arranged.
If a student is on a fellowship he/she is generally allowed to teach 50% in one term or 25% in each term. Your funding source cam confirm this.
- Enroll in IB 375, Teaching Colloquium
- Participate in the Teaching & Resource Conference
- Complete the online ethics course prior to the first course you teach
Related Links & Resources
- To apply for current GSI positions, go to Forms & Applications
- Graduate Division Teaching & Research Opportunities
- Academic Appointments
- Educational & Volunteer Opportunities