There are numerous volunteer and tutoring opportunities both and Cal and throughout the East Bay. Some programs of note are listed below.
Health-Related Volunteer Positions:
- The Student Health Services in the Tang Center runs the Health Promotion Services, which coordinates a wide range of educational and outreach activities.
- Contact the Berkeley Free Clinic for volunteer opportunities. They are always seeking assistance.
- Check local hospitals and clinics.
- Contact agencies like the American Heart Association or the American Diabetes Association.
Additional Volunteer Opportunities:
- Cal Corps
- Bay Area Outreach and Recreation Program
- YWCA at Berkeley
- Berkeley Natural History Museums
Other programs and departments across campus:
Teaching and Tutoring:
Tutor for credit in local schools
Check the bulletin board on the first floor of Tolman Hall outside the School of Education Student Services Office for listings.
Participate in a De-Cal Course
- Teach a De-Cal Course
- Take a De-Cal Course
- “Diamond’s Anatomy Enrichment Program” : Be part of a team of students and create/modify a lesson plan to teach local elementary school children the wonders of the human body and how to take care of it. You will be able to demonstrate and strengthen your knowledge as well as develop your teaching abilities in the children's very own elementary classrooms. (An IB-198 course, Spring semester, 2 units.)