GRAC Research & Travel Funds
The Department has limited funds available to reimburse student research and travel expenses. See here for the application form and information on the reimbursement process.
These funds may not be sufficient to provide all students with an award each year. In general, students in their sixth year of the program will be given lower priority than students in their first 5 years of graduate study. Students beyond their sixth year are not eligible for support. A current Annual Review on file is required to be eligible for a GRAC. Receipts are required after approval of GRAC application.
GRAC will evaluate applications in terms of:
- student need
- significance of the award to the student's career
- alternative funding sources available
- number of years in the program
All applications should be signed by the student's faculty mentor and then submitted to Monica Albe, the Graduate Student Services Advisor. GRAC applications and reimbursement requests must be received by June 30th of the academic year you are applying for (eg: due June 30, 2020 for 2019-2020 funds).
Contact the Monica Albe for questions regarding the application process or eligibility criteria.
Graduate Student Research Funds
Students may request up to $300 per fiscal year (1 July - 30 June) to support dissertation research. The purpose for which funds will be used should be integral to the dissertation research - “side” projects will not be supported.
Appropriate expenses include:
- small items of equipment
- costs associated with field research
Applications should include:
- a brief description of the proposed research
- a budget
- justification for the proposed use of Departmental funds
Graduate Student Travel Funds
Students may request up to $250 per fiscal year (1 July - 30 June) to help defray travel and lodging costs while attending meetings. These funds are intended only for travel to scientific meetings at which the student will present a poster or paper.
- to be submitted PRIOR TO the meetings for which funds are requested.
- to include an official confirmation (copy of page from program book, written or email confirmation from meeting organizers) that the poster or paper has been accepted for presentation.
- reimbursement processed AFTER conference