Experience an academic and culturally enriching semester at the world-renowned University of California, Berkeley!
The Berkeley Biosciences Study Abroad (BBSA) program invites an outstanding group of students to spend a semester at Berkeley to take upper level Integrative Biology and Molecular & Cell Biology courses, participate in lectures and instructional labs, and interact with faculty and students.
BBSA provides a unique opportunity to:
• Study in departments recognized for excellence; in 2014 U.S. News & World Report ranked UC Berkeley #1 for both Evolution and Ecology and Molecular Biology studies in the United States.
• Select upper level courses in anatomy, genetics, animal behavior, immunology, evolution, biochemistry, physiology, genomics, zoology, and many more. Most students coordinate with their home university to get credit toward their degree!
• Learn from and interact with distinguished faculty, including members of the National Academy of Sciences, the American Philosophical Society, AAAS Fellows, MacArthur Fellows, Howard Hughes Medical Institute Investigators, a Nobel Laureate, and winners of many prestigious awards in research and teaching.
• Attend lecture series and free seminars from UC Berkeley and visiting faculty on emerging research in biological science.
• Develop new creativity, flexibility, and cultural awareness while you enhance social and academic English skills.
• Live and study in beautiful, dynamic Berkeley; experience San Francisco, the Bay Area, and Silicon Valley with your peers and classmates.