About the lab
The Ackerly Lab is in the Dept. of Integrative Biology at UC Berkeley. We study plant ecology, evolution and conservation biology, with a special focus on native plants of California.
- David Ackerly received one of the 2011 UC Berkeley Graduate Mentoring Awards!
- Interview with David Ackerly on SciencesMatters@Berkeley
- The Velocity of Climate change (2009): read the paper or watch the movie!
- Congratulations to recent students and post-docs:
- Nathan Kraft has accepted a faculty position at Univ. of Maryland
- Peter Cowan has moved has a science-policy fellowship with CA state government in Sacramento
- Will Cornwell has moved to a new post-doc at Vrije University, Netherlands
- Great NSF news: Ginger Jui and Aaron Ramirez have both received NSF Graduate Fellowships and Stephanie Stuart and Chris DiVittorio received Doctoral Dissertation Improvement Grants - Congratulations to all!