Integrative Biology 200B Spring 2009
"PRINCIPLES OF PHYLOGENETICS: ECOLOGY AND EVOLUTION"
Lab Prep 2: BEAST
TreeEdit is now available for Macs. Download the zip file below. The fact that this is only Mac software will make running this lab on PC even more difficult. Although you may be able to do the TreeEdit stuff in Mesquite.
I will not be printing out todays handout cause it is so long. You may want to download it.
Hi everybody, sorry for the delay.This lab will be taught in Mac OS. That does not mean that you can't use Windows, but it does mean that Brian will not be dealing with problems in Windows. Therefor, if you have a PC, you may want to team up with a friend who has a Mac.
(1) the 'BEAST bundle' (BEAST v.1.4.8, BEAUti v.1.4.8, logCombiner v.
1.4.8, TreeAnnotator v.1.4.8) http://beast.bio.ed.ac.uk/Programs
(2) Tracer v.1.4.1 http://tree.bio.ed.ac.uk/software/tracer/
(3) FigTree v.1.2.1 http://tree.bio.ed.ac.uk/software/figtree/
(4) Download this zip file of TreeEdit for Mac, unpack it and make sure that it runs.
(5) TextWrangler v.2.3 + http://www.barebones.com/products/TextWrangler/download.html
You also should down load and unpack the following zip file with the tutorial data sets tutorial_files.